|I said I'd do this for Hussy.
||[Apr. 8th, 2013|11:55 am]
Last Thanksgiving we made this delicious French toast casserole, and she lost the recipe card, so I'm putting it up on line for forever.|
French Toast Casserole
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tbs light corn syrup
10 slices of French bread about 1 inch thick
2 cups milk
4 large eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp salt
1 quart fresh strawberries, cleaned and sliced
1 tbs honey
1 tbs lemon juice
Makes about 5 servings
1. Place brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in a medium saucepan. Cook over low heat until mixture comes to s boil; boil 1 minute. Pour into 13x9 in baking dish. Arrange bread in single layer over sauce.
2. Combine milk, eggs, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl, whisk until smooth. Pour over bread in dish, then cover and chill over night.
3. Combine the strawberries, honey and lemon juice in a medium bowl and chill until ready to serve.
4. Preheat oven to 350, cook casserole until knife inserted in center comes out clean and bread is browns. About 45-55 minutes.
Sprinkle lightly with confectioner's sugar (optional), and serve warm with strawberry mixture.
This entry was originally posted at http://kyarorin.dreamwidth.org/1143630.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
||[Jan. 24th, 2012|12:02 pm]
( Read more...Collapse )
- Пн, 13:05: Oh god pillow sub y so delicious
- Пн, 13:05: Lol
- Пн, 13:05: That should be philly
- Пн, 14:17: Ok, have appt for Thursday about my hand. Doc probably thinks I make shit up for the hell of it.
- Пн, 15:21: Brain, jfc, calm down.
- Пн, 15:24: Oh hai, my new bicycle is green! I shall name him Hound.
- Пн, 15:35: Jfc, king, no one gives a shit about your 'encounter with a feminist'
- Пн, 15:37: ...can't you just jump off a cliff? Please? I promise your poor manly little self will stop being oppressed by minorities when you're dead.
- Пн, 18:02: I need a tuxedo kitty stat
- Пн, 18:55: RT @raisedbymoogles: http://t.co/vhJyJIsJ I think this is relevant to my life. Also, Hulk haiku. XD